Thursday 17 March 2011

Of visas and cleaning

Good morning non-existant readers!

So let me start off by saying that it has taken a ridiculously long time to gather everything I have needed to apply for my temporary residency visa. Like, ten months. And I still have however long the processing will take once I hand in everything :/ not to mention the interview I have to do (and Bran? i'm not sure if he is interviewed too but I think so). *sigh* But it's all good. Soon I can go to school and work and go see a doctor about my crazy knee! I feel a little bit like my life has been on hold for about a year, even though in that year I have gotten married, moved, changed my cleaning habits, and improved my homemaking skills exponentially.

Speaking of cleaning, i'll tell you about how I clean. I've been cleaning with vinegar and tea tree oil in a spray bottle for quite a while, around a year now. At least with the vinegar anyway. We just recently gave up all bleach products (we used them in the bathroom to make sure all the nasties were gone) in favor of a hydrogen peroxide solution. I know some people would say just use vinegar, as it is antiseptic, but I feel better knowing that the hydrogen peroxide will get rid of everything in say, the toilet. I'm not a crazy germ-a-phobe but I just feel safer. Plus the hydrogen peroxide is actually getting rid of the icky mould/grout stuff in the shower! Despite how much I tried the vinegar just wouldn't cut it :(. So just today I made a paste of baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and a bit of water and scrubbed that in. I let it sit for...at least an hour, I wasn't really paying attention,  then scrubbed off and it looks sooooo much better. Not quite pristine white, but not like it looked like we hadn't cleaned the shower in years.

So here is a before and after shot. I'm not sure how well it will actually show.
Before

After

And this is my cleaning arsenal.


So thats that for today. Tomorrow I am off to the immigration department to hand in my papers and hopefully have my interview. I think I need Bran there for that though. Bye bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment