Friday 13 April 2012

Adventure Day with Medical Professionals!

Ah dear. It's been a very busy day today. I didn't sleep well last night so that hasn't helped.

It started off cold. Cold and sore. After a hot shower and curling into a ball for a while I could move. It then continued on to going to my lovely counselor. As lovely as she is, we were tackling a difficult issue using EMDR therapy. I do feel that i've mostly processed what needed to be done and I do feel much less anxiety in regards to the issue. Which is great news as it's something that has caused me great emotional stress for most of my life. Oh but there is more, next time we are working on some family of origin issues! Good stuff.

Next up I had a (free!) bus ride back into the gap. That was bumpy but otherwise fine. Got my little implanon thing, visited the vampires (had to give blood for a lab test), and then visited a different gp to get the implanon inserted (my gp doesn't do it, sad). That was mostly fine except that local anesthetic hurts >.> more than her actually inserting the little rod under my skin. Now I have a nice bruise forming under a compression bandage that i'm meant to keep on for 24 hours.

After that I felt like I was going to pass out.

So after some rest and actually eating I did feel mostly better. I had a fun adventure in the grocery store with a brain that felt like a marshmallow. I don't remember half of what I got but it included chocolate, cookies, coffee and coffee mate. So i'm set ;).

Soreness was down a bit today (huzzah!). Still mostly hands, wrists,  R foot, R knee, and shoulders. My elbows are a bit more sore now after the blood was taken and a little plastic rod stuffed in the other arm.

I also saw a very funny movie about the origins of the "hand held mobile massager" ;). It was called Hysteria and I would recommend it to other females for kicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment