Tuesday 10 May 2011

2 Day Update

Don't worry, I haven't left you! For some reason blogspot wasn't letting me do an entry yesterday, so i'll split this one into two.

May 9, 2011

I was feeling really good in the morning! So good, in fact, that I decided to do some cooking :). I made lovely little crustless quiches and an apple rhubarb crumble. For the quiches I used a slightly modified version of the recipe from the Heavenly Homemakers. I modified it in that I used milk and a little bit of butter, and added tuscan seasoning. For the add ins I used zucchini and some sneaky brown rice ;). I also mis read it and put it into 7 muffin dishes instead of 12 >.>, but I like how they turned out. Bran liked them too, so that was a huge plus!

The crumble turned out alright. I boiled the rhubarb too long, so it was mushy :( but the topping was fantastic! I believe I used the recipe here as a base, but really changed it quite a lot. The filling was completely different and I did not use the hazelnuts (Bran can't eat nuts, sadly). But it was gone the next morning :) so musta still been good.

May 10, 2011

Today also started off with me feeling pretty good. I actually did a load of laundry (although, that was really pushing my muscles). I also roasted the pumpkin and used the silver beet i'd been meaning to use. I had a lovely sautéed silver beet, pumpkin and feta salad with some leftover brown rice for lunch, yum! Later in the day Bran, Milo and I went for a walk around the big park nearby. My leg did start to get quite tired by the end of it, but this was only after an hour of walking and quite a few hills, so I think I have been doing pretty well!

Thats my update for the day then, sorry I wasn't able to say anything yesterday. Bye-bye <3

No comments:

Post a Comment