Sunday 29 May 2011

Another Lazy Sunday and Panfries!

You'd think I don't do anything, seriously! Bran and I had a nice quiet sunday at home :). We took Milo out for a walk around the park, I made breakfast for lunch consisting of eggs, panfries, and mandarin slices. We read, watched some tv together, talked about our upcoming trip and thats about it! I do love panfries. To get them the way I like them, it takes some time though. So how about a how to? Yay, useful!

Emma's Panfries (homefries, skillet potatoes, etc.) 
Makes 2 generous servings

2 large/ 4 small potatoes
1/2 medium onion 
1-2 Tb Oil
1 Tb butter
garlic powder, salt, pepper to taste

1. Cut potatoes into roughly1 inch cubes, slice onion in the way you like.
2. Boil potatoes and onion until you can stick a fork into them. Remember we are not making mashed potatoes, so only about 5 minutes!
3. Heat pan and add 1 Tb of oil and 1/2 Tb of butter
4. Drain potatoes/onion and toss in heated pan.
5. Let sit until potatoes are nicely browned on one side, then turn them to a new side.
6. Repeat step 5, adding in the 1/2 Tb butter and 1 Tb oil as needed. 
7. Once entirely crunchy and browned, add garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
8. Set aside while you cook your eggs, then enjoy with some ketchup :D

These are based off of how my father used to make his panfries. He used to cook us a big breakfast every sunday morning :) panfries, toast, eggs, bacon...the works. I miss them! I do tend to cook my panfries a bit longer, but i'm crazy about making sure they are entirely browned and crunchy. Thanks Dad for such a great memory! Mmm...makes me hungry all over again.

On the other side of the world, my cousin Natalie is in labor. Maybe? I've gotten confusing messages. Anyway, Bran and I are both awaiting the arrival of our newest family member, baby Stella :D I hope both she and her mum are safe and sound and that things have smoothed out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment