Tuesday 14 February 2012

Meth(otrexate) Hangover

Ugh. So the methotrexate basically kicked my butt. I went to bed fuzzy headed and slightly nauseous and woke up at 2:30 am sick. Didn't get back to sleep until about 4 or 4:30. Thankfully I have a wonderful husband who stayed home to take care of me today and allowed me to sleep for a while longer. What is worse is Milo (our pup) was also sick today :( once more, wonderful husband to the rescue <3.

I also had my first counselling appointment today. She seemed very kind and patient. Hopefully it will be a good fit :). I also was able to make the cake I wanted for valentines day. I made this cake from the lovely Pastry Affair. I did substitute rice bran oil for the butter and used dairy free chocolate to make it GF/DF. I also added a bit of powdered sugar to the icing to sweeten up the 70% dark chocolate. It turned out pretty well, the texture was maybe a bit odd but I suppose that is how it is with an egg based cake? The chocolate icing was yummy :). Though now my tummy is unhappy >.>. Maybe it's no good to eat delicious cake with a methotrexate hangover?

Pain: all over, still nauseous. Fuzzy headed and a headache all day as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment